Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Client Profile: Mary Lou B.

This is Mary Lou's story, in her own words:

“I use both the Hyde Shuttle and Volunteer Transportation programs.  I don’t know what I’d do without these services.  I used to drive everywhere as a social worker caring for mentally ill veterans, but you never know what shocks life has in store for you.  I got very sick in 2003.  Everyone thought I was going to die.  After spending 7 months in the hospital, I remarkably survived.  However, I was no longer able to work or drive.  I now depend on these forms of transportation and can’t say enough good about them…The drivers are delightful and have made me feel so much better about losing my independence…  They are absolutely wonderful!”
*Mary Lou B., regular Hyde Shuttle and Volunteer Transportation client

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
“Behind the Wheel” offers stories, reflections, news and updates about Sound Generations’ (formerly Senior Services') Transportation Program. Throughout King County, our inspiring volunteers provide needed mobility to local seniors, supporting them in their efforts to remain independent, healthy, and happy. Please drop by to read more about the unique experiences of our volunteers, clients and staff!
Powered by Blogger.